How long has it been since you reviewed your travel insurer’s benefits? Chances are their coverage has changed since the last time you reviewed their Benefits. To make sure your clients are getting the most for their investment, ask these 15 questions to any travel insurer you’re considering:
- Do they have Flat rates for children under 18? The advantage here is kids do not have to be family or related. Max 2 flat rates per paying adult in each enrollment.
- Do they have Hurricane Warning Coverage for Trip Cancellation? TravelSafe provides this coverage. We offer it if within 24 hours of your clients Scheduled Departure Date and time their Trip destination is under a hurricane warning issued by NOAA instead of waiting for flights to be stopped or the Hurricane to actually hit!
- How about revocation of previously approved time off from work as a covered reason for Trip Cancellation? This is a covered non-medical reason for us. No need to add a work cancellation option, it’s already in there with Classic & Prestige plans.
- Do they have Non-Medical Emergency Evacuation? Up to $25,000 due to a formal recommendation from the appropriate local authorities, or the U.S. State Department, for customers to leave a country.
- What’s their Missed Connection coverage? Do they have $2,500.00 in benefit coverage? Probably not, most have only $250 to $500. At TravelSafe, that amount is included in our Basic program.
- Is Unemployment covered as a valid reason for Trip Cancellation? We only require that your client have been with the same company for 1 year, not the 3 to 5 years others require.
- Do they protect your Commissions? TravelSafe automatically includes Commission Protection without commission reduction in all of our Programs! We even cover CFAR cancellations for Classic Plus.
- Do they offer Unrestricted Benefits for Terrorism? TravelSafe has no restrictive lists that exclude coverage based on countries visited, times of travel, or State Department Warnings.
- Do they offer Unrestricted Benefits for Financial Insolvency? Again, we have no restrictive lists of approved suppliers or non-covered suppliers. Just have your clients buy within 21 days of deposit.
- Do they offer a 12-hour Baggage Delay? Most plans require your clients’ bag to be delayed 24 hours. TravelSafe’s benefits begin after a 12-hour delay.
- What’s their definition of a Pre-Existing Condition? What’s their “Look back period”. The language varies slightly but essentially any illness, disease or other condition that undergoes a change during the look back period is considered Pre-existing. Ours is 60 days while other plans look back 90 or even 180 days. That means something your client was treated for 6 months ago could be an issue!
- Do they have Deductibles? NO deductible for Medical, Baggage or any other coverage … even in our Basic plan! Only our optional Extended Personal Property Pac benefit has a deductible.
- Do they offer Non- Emergency Medical Evacuation home or to Hospital of Choice? It’s automatically included at no additional cost in all of our TravelSafe Plans!
- Do they have Coverage for Frequent Flyer Rebanking Fees? We do, for up to $150 for the cost of airline-imposed fees to rebank frequent flyer miles.
- Do they offer Concierge & Business Services? TravelSafe offers these services Free in all of our plans except for our Basic plan.
To learn more about TravelSafe’s amazing benefits for travel agents, click here or call us at 1-888-885-7233. We look forward to hearing from you!
Your friends at TravelSafe