Are you concerned about safety on your next vacation? TravelSafe Travel Insurance Agency suggests the following Safety Traveling Tips. Wondering what you can do to prevent theft? While most hotels are safe and secure, it is important to be mindful of your surroundings and take the proper steps to protect yourself.
Here are 6 quick tips to keep you safe before and during your holiday travels:
1. Do your homework before you book your hotel room. You want to make sure your hotel is located in a safe area and takes the proper security measures. In addition to looking at rates and amenities, it’s important to ask the hotel management key security questions. For example, is the hotel in an upscale neighborhood or business district? Is there a police station nearby? Do they have a doorman or security guard? Is their front desk staffed 24 hours a day? These are questions that hotel should be happy to answer.
2. Don’t take a room on the ground floor. These rooms are more likely to be burglarized. This is especially important if the doors and windows of the room are open to the outside.
3. Keep your door locked at all time. This may sound like a “gimme”, but stay diligent about locking the door behind you. It’s also important to lock the deadbolt.
4. When entering or leaving the hotel at night, make sure to use the front entrance. The front entrance is usually the most well-lit and usually under surveillance.
5. Don’t leave valuables in your car. If you must leave items in your car, cover them with a blanket or put them in your trunk.
6. Include travel insurance in your vacations plans. Unfortunately, we can’t predict the future. We don’t know whether our flight will be delayed or if we need to seek medical attention while traveling. Travel insurance can provide protection if your belongings are lost, damaged or stolen. To find out everything that travel insurance covers, click here.