Trip Insurance That Works For You
Travel agents like you need a provider that means business. Whether your agency is large or small, we’ll help you get your clients coverage they’ll love and protect them along the way.
- Cancel For Any Reason that pays in cash, not cruise credits.
- Coverage for Pre-Existing Medical Conditions.
- Protection against Hurricanes and other Inclement Weather.
- Protection against Terrorism.
- Protection against Bankruptcy with NO Black Lists.
- Payment for Rebanking of Frequent Flyer Miles.
- Coverage for Mental, Nervous & Psychological Disorders.
- Coverage for Domestic Partners.
- Hospital of Choice for Emergency Medical Evacuation.
- 24-hour Emergency Assistance from anywhere in the world.
- Some of the Highest Coverage Limits and Most Comprehensive Coverage Available in the Industry.
Errors & Omissions
Travel has its risks. Running a travel agency shouldn’t.
Professional Liability Insurance provides valuable coverage for owners and employees of travel agencies and tour operators in the event of any errors and omissions claims. While you cannot completely eliminate the likelihood of a claim, how you choose to manage risks makes a difference as an agency manager. For more product information or a participation agreement, contact us here.
Errors & Omissions Professional Liability Coverage is comprehensive and affordable. It includes:
- Bodily injury and property damage liability coverage that protects against catastrophic losses involving injury or death to your clients while traveling.
- Personal injury coverage that protects against charges of libel, slander, false arrest, detention or imprisonment. For example, this situation could arise if your clients do not possess proper passports or travel visas.
- Unlimited legal defense expenses are integrated into the policy limits. Legal costs can skyrocket even in cases where travel agents are deemed not to be liable.
- First dollar defense, another policy feature, means that there is no out of pocket expense for legal costs. The deductible applies only to paid claims.
- Worldwide coverage means that no matter where your clients travel or where the claim is made, you’re protected.
Travel Agent FAQ
At TravelSafe, we value the agents who sell our products. That’s why we’ll do everything we can to answer any questions you may have. Here are some questions asked frequently by agents about TravelSafe Insurance.
*Please note that a final claims determination is made based upon both the policy provisions and the written documentation we receive with your claim submission.
Why can't I log in to your website?
If you have not sold a TravelSafe policy within the last year or so, you may need to re-register with TravelSafe. If you have sold our products recently, make sure your agency code, username and password are correct. These are not case sensitive.
Please call or email TravelSafe if you need assistance or forget your user ID or password.
Can I view or print my enrollments online?
Yes, just login, go to “Enrollment”, select “Search Active Enrollment” and enter the appropriate search criteria.
Can I edit a policy online?
Yes, you will be able to make many changes online. Some requests may require review and approval by authorized TravelSafe employees. For these changes, your request will be automatically submitted and you will be contacted by TravelSafe. Unfortunately, TravelSafe cannot accept change requests over the phone.
Insurance offered by the cruise lines or tour operators seems a lot cheaper. Why should I insure my clients with TravelSafe?
TravelSafe offers plans with several levels of protection, all at competitive prices. While it is possible to pay less through a cruise or tour operator, the coverage and benefits are generally going to be more restrictive and provide lower benefit limits. TravelSafe’s plans will allow your clients to relax and enjoy their vacation, without fearing the burden of high medical bills or other circumstances TravelSafe covers.
There are many other advantages to insuring with a third-party provider like TravelSafe, such as protection from bankruptcy or default of your clients cruise or tour provider, 24-hour emergency assistance from anywhere in the world, and direct payment to your medical provider in the event of an emergency. Plus, many cruise and tour insurance plans only cover clients during the time they are hosting them, and may only offer credit rather than cash in the event of a claim. TravelSafe protects your client before, during and after their trip, and our claims are paid in cash. We also provide commission protection for agents as well!
What is the "Cancel For Any Reason" benefit and how does it work?
With the “Cancel For Any Reason” benefit, your client can cancel their trip for any reason not otherwise covered by the policy, and be reimbursed for 75% of the unused nonrefundable and prepaid expenses for Travel Arrangements paid for the trip.
To be eligible for this coverage your client must do the following:
- The premium payment must be received within 21 days of the date the initial deposit or payment for the trip is received.
- Your client must cover the full cost of all travel arrangements.
- Your client must cancel their trip 2 days or more before the scheduled trip departure date.
What are Pre-Existing Conditions?
Definition: Medical conditions for which there is treatment; or a recommendation for treatment, diagnostic test or exam; or for which drugs or medicine are prescribed during the 60-day period prior to your client’s effective date with TravelSafe are considered Pre-Existing Conditions.
To see if the medical condition is a Pre-Existing Condition, we look back 60 days prior to the effective date of your client’s insurance. This is significantly less than many of our competitors who are anywhere from 120-180 days.
The policy exclusion for Pre-Existing Conditions will be waived if your client’s premium payment is received within 21 days of the date of the initial trip deposit is paid. Unless you meet the Pre-Existing Conditions Waiver requirements detailed above, the policy does not cover Pre-Existing Conditions.
Note: Medical conditions that are treated or controlled solely with medication and remain treated or controlled without an adjustment or a change in medication during the 60-day period prior to the effective date are not considered to be Pre-Existing Conditions. See the TravelSafe policy complete details about Pre-Existing Conditions.
What if my client doesn't want to take his/her trip because of a recent terrorist act?
Many TravelSafe plans allow cancellation or interruption of a trip due to terrorist acts, subject to the following conditions:
- The terrorist act must occur in the departure city or in a city which is a scheduled destination for the trip, and
- The terrorist act must occur within 30 days of the scheduled departure date for the trip.
Does the TravelSafe insurance cover international travel?
Yes, TravelSafe’s coverage protects your client for travel anywhere in the world where travel is permitted.
What happens if my client's flight is canceled?
TravelSafe protects your client in several ways. If a flight is canceled due to bad weather, mechanical breakdown of the aircraft on which your client is scheduled to travel, or an unannounced strike (provided the strike occurs after premium has been paid), your client can take a later flight. Our 24-hour emergency assistance service can make all the arrangements.
Your client will be reimbursed for any additional transportation expenses to join his/her trip, less any refunds paid or payable for their original tickets and not to exceed the cost of one-way economy airfare, or first class if the original tickets were first class.
Plus, your client will be reimbursed for the cost of any unused land or water travel arrangements.
What if bad weather is predicted where my client plans to travel?
The Trip Cancellation Benefit covers cancellation of a trip within 24 hours of the scheduled departure date and time if the trip destination is under a hurricane warning issued by the NOAA National Hurricane Center, provided the cancellation of the trip occurs more than 15 days following the effective date of coverage for the trip cancellation benefits. Other than this, the policy does not provide coverage if a trip is canceled based upon what might happen. See the TravelSafe policy for complete details of this coverage.
Should I purchase insurance for the full cost of my client's trip?
Yes. You should determine the premium amount based upon the total cost of the trip per person, including airfare, port charges, taxes, etc. You do not need to include the cost of any travel arrangements that are fully refundable and not subject to any cancellation penalties or restrictions.
If you have not insured the full cost of all Travel Arrangements that are subject to cancellation penalties or restrictions:
- The maximum benefit for Trip Cancellation will be limited to the amount of coverage purchased and Trip Interruption will be limited to the stated percentage of the amount coverage purchased for the trip; and
- For plans which include a Cancel For Any Reason Benefit or have bankruptcy or default protection, there will be no coverage afforded.
How many travelers can I put on one policy?
Up to nine (9) travelers who are traveling together and have the same trip itinerary, departure and return date and who are paying together with the same credit card may be placed on the same policy. Our fax and paper enrollment forms only include space for four (4) travelers. If you have more than four travelers on any one enrollment, we encourage you to enter this enrollment via the TravelSafe website, www.travelsafe.com.
If my client requires medical care while on a trip, are the medical bills covered?
TravelSafe provides coverage for medical expenses resulting from an illness or injury during a trip. TravelSafe includes a 24-hour worldwide assistance service to help your client with medical or legal emergencies during a trip and your client should call this number as soon as possible when an emergency occurs. If a medical evacuation is required, we will arrange and pay for medical transportation to a medical facility where appropriate treatment is available and/or to a hospital of your client’s choice where he/she resides. See TravelSafe policy for complete details of this coverage.
Is there training available on how to sell your products?
A variety of training materials are available and webinars are conducted on a frequent basis, check your agent dashboard for upcoming webinars. Call TravelSafe’s headquarters at (888) 885-7233 to discuss your particular needs.
Who may purchase TravelSafe Vacation Insurance?
TravelSafe Insurance is available exclusively to citizens or legal residents of the USA or Canada. Eligibility for purchase will be confirmed on all claims. If it is determined that a person is not a citizen or legal resident of the USA or Canada, his/her claim will be denied and premium will be refunded.